Job Description – 2D Animator
2D Lead Animator
(Full-time, Fixed term Contract)
Copernicus Studios, Halifax Nova Scotia! Small town feel with big city amenities. Only minutes from the surfing beaches or the hiking trails. East Coast living at its best! Industry veterans and new grads working in a collaborative environment focusing on learning and career growth!
We are looking for experienced 2D Lead Animators to join our team!
- Produce 2D animation that meets the creative and quality standard of the production
- Guide other 2D animators and help develop junior artists by providing support, mentorship, and feedback on their animation skills
- Troubleshoot creative and technical issues
- Incorporate all notes from the Animation Supervisor while working collaboratively under a tight schedule
- Attend team and departmental meetings
- Portfolio/demo reel demonstrating a variety of styles and technical capabilities
- Minimum of 5 years of production experience in 2D animation for television/features
- Degree or Diploma in 2D Animation
- Management/Supervisor experience considered an asset
- Impeccable understanding of animation principles
- Advanced knowledge of Flash and/or Toon Boom Harmony
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail, problem solving skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
Applicants must be willing to relocate to Halifax, Nova Scotia
Please apply by submitting an application on our website or email your Resume and link to your portfolio demonstrating your skill/experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.